4/02/2014

Grodd Complex

I see them.

They don’t think I notice their glares and pathetic grinning. They think I don’t notice their mockery and movements of curling their arms to scratch their arm pits or the beating on their chest.

I cannot help but notice them even if I look away. They smell horrible. They have no sense of what they smell like. So much perfume masking their musk and the fetid breath from eating the food that is served to them.

Oh and how they holler. Their voices carry.

“Mom, look at the monkey!”

I am not a monkey. I am an ape. Monkeys have tails. Monkeys chatter incessantly signifying their fears, their wants, all whilst flinging feces at each other in some sort of game of dominance. You are the monkey. A hairless, tailless monkey living in a cage you do not see.

“Hey, it looks like he’s thinking!”

I am capable of so much more than acting like I’m thinking. I’ve created more drafts of technology in my mind than your most applied scientists. The marvels I’ve seen outstrip what your race has created. If it weren’t for the constraints that I have put upon myself, I would show you what true thinking looks like. I would bring you to your knees with a thought, with less than a wink of an eye.

“Dad, make him move!”

Movement. You don’t even understand movement. This world spins at over 17 miles per second on it’s axis and nearly 1200 miles per second on it’s annual trip around the sun. I’ve seen countless duplicates in the multiverse and many other worlds that have movement that you cannot imagine, child.

Were it not for my own will, I would make you move. I would have you climb the safety wall and move into my enclosure. I would make you dance like a puppet as I have done with so many of your ilk on other worlds. You are all so pedestrian.

Until I know the time is right, I will sit here in disguise. I will not allow you to notice I am more than what you think of as an average ape. I am so much more. When the time is right, you hairless, tailless monkeys will know the truth.

Chaos is coming. Utter and complete destruction is in alignment and making way for this tiny unenlightened orb. Your greatest scientists cannot even fathom what is coming. They cannot stop it. They cannot conceive of what I have put in motion before breaking the barrier between worlds to arrive here.

Until then, I will sit and contemplate how I will tear their world apart. They will know the power that comes from within. They will know me when I reveal myself and it will be their undoing. Here, there is no league to stop me. There is no red robin, dark bat, or scarlet-clad clown. Here the populace has no alien citizens that will intervene.

Here, on this weaker duplicate, they will know the power of Grodd.